In a Book Club?
Expand your horizons… to Cuba!
Cubanabooks wants to work with your Book Club to accomplish its mission of bringing first-class literature from Cuban women to a United States audience.
- Purchase 5+ copies and receive a 20% discount.
- Purchase 10+ copies at 25% discount, and receive a “virtual visit” (either e-mail or direct streaming, depending on availability) from either the editor, the translator, or the author to discuss the book.
- Does your Book Club practice philanthropy? Raise $500+ for Cubanabooks and receive gratis copies of your chosen title for all club members.
- Disconnect/Desencuentro (bilingual edition) by Nancy Alonso: Irony and subtle humor permeate these stories that explore sexuality, morality, and coincidence in today’s Cuba.
- Havana Is a Really Big City by Mirta Yáñez: These humorous and poignant stories that illustrate everyday life in contemporary Havana will challenge the reader’s assumptions about the Cuban reality.
Available May 2012:
- Ophelias/Ofelias (bilingual edition) by Aida Bahr: Bizarre and vivid short stories recount women’s lives and experiences in a twilight zone version of Cuba, drawing us into a strange world of violence, confusion, despair and love.
To take advantage of these offers, contact the editor directly: Editor@Cubanabooks.com
Cubanabooks is a fund of the North Valley Community Foundation.