Desencuentro, or ‘Disconnect’ in English, is a beautifully intriguing collection of stories of human disconnectedness and loss. Author Nancy Alonso paints a darker picture with a touch of humor throughout. It is very relevant, especially if you’ve ever experienced disconnect in your relationships or in life. The characters come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences but are intertwined cohesively. My favorite story was, in fact, called Disconnect. It’s a story written as a letter from someone older to a younger lover, describing the dichotomy of desire, and yet impossibility, of this unconventional, forbidden connection. Desencuentro is a wonderful read and I could hardly put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone with a passion for culture and diversity.
- #postcardavalanche #stop bannon https://t.co/qM0iUMpofw 1 week ago
- We're like Cuban vampires. We won't enter your email inbox unless invited. So what are you waiting for?Sign up: eepurl.com/borEXv 2 weeks ago
- Nice to be noticed twitter.com/BotanyRules/st… 1 month ago
- #ALTA2016 Institutionalized: panel on working with cultural institutes to do literary translations https://t.co/fKDnMsI50v 2 months ago
- How important are endeavors like ours--publishing Cuban women in the US--to building political bridges? @JosefinaVidalF @TwitterDC 2 months ago
Browse past Cubanabooks Posts
Who is writing about Cubanabooks?
Not too long ago…
- Presentación de mi novela policiaca “El milagro de San Lázaro” en FIU el 8 de Septiembre
- Memoria del silencio, memorias del exilio desde las dos orillas.
- Las mujeres han escrito 9 de los 10 libros más vendidos de todos los tiempos
- Help us bring Cuban women’s voices to the United States!!
- Book Review: Ophelias by Aida Bahr