Desencuentro, or ‘Disconnect’ in English, is a beautifully intriguing collection of stories of human disconnectedness and loss. Author Nancy Alonso paints a darker picture with a touch of humor throughout. It is very relevant, especially if you’ve ever experienced disconnect in your relationships or in life. The characters come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences but are intertwined cohesively. My favorite story was, in fact, called Disconnect. It’s a story written as a letter from someone older to a younger lover, describing the dichotomy of desire, and yet impossibility, of this unconventional, forbidden connection. Desencuentro is a wonderful read and I could hardly put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone with a passion for culture and diversity.
- TODAY'S THE BIG DAY!!🎉✨ Aida Bahr is here so don't miss out on your chance to meet her!😁 #genderandviolence… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 months ago
- Tomorrow is the big day!!!🗓 You don't want to miss out!!✨ #genderandviolence #aidabahr #cubanabooks https://t.co/t4juAUZxPX 4 months ago
- What could be more exciting than knowing you're only 2 days away from meeting Aida Bahr😎 #genderandviolence… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 months ago
- Can you believe it? Just 3 days till Aida Bahr visits us!😁⏳📅 #genderandviolence #aidabahr #cubanabooks https://t.co/ty5OsOhOSX 5 months ago
- We hope you're as excited as us!😁📅 #genderandviolence #aidabahr #cubanabooks https://t.co/IoB0AZNmww 5 months ago
Browse past Cubanabooks Posts
Who is writing about Cubanabooks?
Not too long ago…
- Presentación de mi novela policiaca “El milagro de San Lázaro” en FIU el 8 de Septiembre
- Memoria del silencio, memorias del exilio desde las dos orillas.
- Las mujeres han escrito 9 de los 10 libros más vendidos de todos los tiempos
- Help us bring Cuban women’s voices to the United States!!
- Book Review: Ophelias by Aida Bahr