Desencuentro, or ‘Disconnect’ in English, is a beautifully intriguing collection of stories of human disconnectedness and loss. Author Nancy Alonso paints a darker picture with a touch of humor throughout. It is very relevant, especially if you’ve ever experienced disconnect in your relationships or in life. The characters come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences but are intertwined cohesively. My favorite story was, in fact, called Disconnect. It’s a story written as a letter from someone older to a younger lover, describing the dichotomy of desire, and yet impossibility, of this unconventional, forbidden connection. Desencuentro is a wonderful read and I could hardly put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone with a passion for culture and diversity.
- RT @berlspoetry: El tiempo es el destino de la soledad hacia lo que luego nos parece infinito. -Zurelys López Amaya FLOCKS tr Jeffrey C Bar… 8 hours ago
- RT @berlspoetry: Time is solitude's destination towards what seems infinite.-Zurelys López Amaya FLOCKS (REBAÑOS) tr Jeffrey C Barnett @cub… 8 hours ago
- Happy Monday, everyone! https://t.co/9Ns9SrXR9T 1 month ago
- RT @theorion_news: The Orion will be having a fundraiser at Woodstock's Pizza on March 29th from 5-8 p.m. We hope to see you there. Thank y… 3 months ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/3iCbuxvMnWg?a Borrego Springs Rain for the Super Bloom! 3 months ago
Browse past Cubanabooks Posts
Who is writing about Cubanabooks?
Not too long ago…
- Presentación de mi novela policiaca “El milagro de San Lázaro” en FIU el 8 de Septiembre
- Memoria del silencio, memorias del exilio desde las dos orillas.
- Las mujeres han escrito 9 de los 10 libros más vendidos de todos los tiempos
- Help us bring Cuban women’s voices to the United States!!
- Book Review: Ophelias by Aida Bahr