Desencuentro, or ‘Disconnect’ in English, is a beautifully intriguing collection of stories of human disconnectedness and loss. Author Nancy Alonso paints a darker picture with a touch of humor throughout. It is very relevant, especially if you’ve ever experienced disconnect in your relationships or in life. The characters come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences but are intertwined cohesively. My favorite story was, in fact, called Disconnect. It’s a story written as a letter from someone older to a younger lover, describing the dichotomy of desire, and yet impossibility, of this unconventional, forbidden connection. Desencuentro is a wonderful read and I could hardly put it down. I highly recommend this book to anyone with a passion for culture and diversity.
- RT @theorion_news: The Orion will be having a fundraiser at Woodstock's Pizza on March 29th from 5-8 p.m. We hope to see you there. Thank y… 1 month ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/3iCbuxvMnWg?a Borrego Springs Rain for the Super Bloom! 1 month ago
- the out-of-date meridian of that travel clock continues unfazed its journey to nowhere #TheVisitsAndOtherPoems ow.ly/EhFR308PbH1 1 month ago
- el meridiano desfasado de aquel reloj de viaje continúa impasible su tránsito hacia ninguna parte #LasVisitas ow.ly/etUV308PbGY 1 month ago
- There is a wall clock, gone mad in its original wood, with excessive little strikes...#TheVisitsAndOtherPoems ow.ly/NnOs308PbGX 1 month ago
Browse past Cubanabooks Posts
Who is writing about Cubanabooks?
Not too long ago…
- Presentación de mi novela policiaca “El milagro de San Lázaro” en FIU el 8 de Septiembre
- Memoria del silencio, memorias del exilio desde las dos orillas.
- Las mujeres han escrito 9 de los 10 libros más vendidos de todos los tiempos
- Help us bring Cuban women’s voices to the United States!!
- Book Review: Ophelias by Aida Bahr