- TODAY'S THE BIG DAY!!🎉✨ Aida Bahr is here so don't miss out on your chance to meet her!😁 #genderandviolence… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- Tomorrow is the big day!!!🗓 You don't want to miss out!!✨ #genderandviolence #aidabahr #cubanabooks https://t.co/t4juAUZxPX 2 months ago
- What could be more exciting than knowing you're only 2 days away from meeting Aida Bahr😎 #genderandviolence… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- Can you believe it? Just 3 days till Aida Bahr visits us!😁⏳📅 #genderandviolence #aidabahr #cubanabooks https://t.co/ty5OsOhOSX 2 months ago
- We hope you're as excited as us!😁📅 #genderandviolence #aidabahr #cubanabooks https://t.co/IoB0AZNmww 2 months ago
Browse past Cubanabooks Posts
Who is writing about Cubanabooks?
Not too long ago…
- Presentación de mi novela policiaca “El milagro de San Lázaro” en FIU el 8 de Septiembre
- Memoria del silencio, memorias del exilio desde las dos orillas.
- Las mujeres han escrito 9 de los 10 libros más vendidos de todos los tiempos
- Help us bring Cuban women’s voices to the United States!!
- Book Review: Ophelias by Aida Bahr
Tag Archives: Cubanabooks
Cubanabooks: Helping Women, Building Bridges Help us bring Cuban women’s voices to the United States!! DONATE NOW! When Barack Obama and Raul Castro made simultaneous pledges this January, to renew political ties between the United States and Cuba, the hopes … Continue reading
Minerva Rising‘s Linsdey Grudnicki has this to say about Aida Bahr’s Ophelias/Ofelias: Madness comes in many forms. Ophelias, Aida Bahr’s latest story collection, tactfully touches upon many of them, exploring the mysterious forces that can bring even the strongest human … Continue reading
Raising the hairs on the back of your neck from Cuba Truthfully I can’t read Maria Elena Llana’s stories before bed. The offerings in An Address in Havana/ Domicilio habanero (bilingual edition) are just a bit too spooky. Now don’t … Continue reading
Screams of Pain and Pride: The World According to GH Georgina Herrera, or GH, as she is frequently called by her fans, is not someone that you can keep quiet. And that’s a good thing, if you ask me–and you … Continue reading
Wednesday, February 11, 2015. When a plane touches down at José Martí National Airport (or to anywhere else from the island), the inevitable but always spontaneous applause and glad shouts make me wonder about their motivation. Are travelers truly that … Continue reading
Uva de Aragón’s novel The Memory of Silence/Memoria del silencio, with translation by Jeffrey C. Barnett, made the front page of El Nuevo Herald on 4/14/2015–click here to read a very moving portion of the first chapter of “the first novel … Continue reading
Feb. 25, 2015 – Cubanabooks has published a translation by Barbara Riess of an anthology of María Elena Llana’s short stories, An Address in Havana/ Domicilio habanero. Riess, who is chair of the Department of Modern and Classical Languages … Continue reading
An Address in Havana/Domicilio habanero. Eso es el libro donde se han confulado el arte de narrar de María Elena LLana y el arte de traducir de Barbara Riess. Y siento que pertenezco a ese proyecto y lo celebro. Por … Continue reading